The optical transmission modules LW213 and LW214 together form a system for reliable and fast data transmission of industrial signals via an optical fiber. Like the send module, the receive module has 4 independent channels with differential inputs and outputs. Signals with a maximum data rate of 2 Mbit/sec. can be transmitted on all four channels. These LW modules are equipped with their technical features for the signal transmission of incremental encoders, measuring systems and sensors. However, differential signals from any other sources with RS422 or push-pull HTL levels can also be connected.
The receiver module LW214 converts the optical signals transmitted by the transmitter over a fiber optic line up to 3000 meters back into the original incremental signals, whereby the output levels can be executed in the HTL or RS422 format depending on the order. The conversion time from the send module to the output of the receive module is extremely short and less than 300 ns.
- 4 independent input channels with format A, B, C, D [HTL] or
A, /A, B, /B, C, /C, D, /D [RS422], also possible for single channel
- 4 output channels with format A, B, C, D [HTL] or
A, /A, B, /B, C, /C, D, /D [RS422]
- Maximum input frequency 1 MHz
- Very short conversion time < 300 ns
- Optical wavelength 1300 nm
- Transmission distance up to 3000 meter
- Power supply 5 VDC (for LW214)
- Power supply 10 … 30 VDC (for LW214-1, LW214-2)
- Snap-on housing for top hat rail
(according to EN 60715)
- Pre-configured optical fibers available